The second repair I had to do was in this small Family Room. I did this job about 2 yrs ago. The curved wall is actually square tiles that are striaed, which you cannot see in this shot. The problem to fix is the one side of the room where the texture is.
There was some water damage in this room from a leaky ceiling. This finish was done using Aquastone. I washed off the streaks and patched the damaged areas. Luckily, this house is close by because it required several trips, with the drying time.
I kept feathering out the Aquastone and then applied the base coat paint, feathering that out. In the end, after several attempts/methods with the glazing, I could not make it blend without noticing the patching. I spent so much time on this without success, that I decided it was best to just redo the wall in question, from top to bottom. The homeowners are submitting my new quote to their insurance company.