Today I put the final layers of joint compound on the holes the gate left, dried with my blow dryer, and was able to complete the finish. This was an easy fix and it all blends in nicely. 🙂 The hallway and entrance to the Family Room looks so much bigger without the gate. Everyone’s happy!
Thank God I keep meticulous notes about all the finishes I do for my clients. Now… if I could only be that organized with the finishes I do in my own home! For my clients, I always work out the finish on sample boards and record every step/product used. For me… I’m always working out the finish on the wall as I go and then guessing what I used when I have to make a repair.
Tomorrow I will show you the proposed designs for the next 2 ceilings in this house.