Yesterday I returned to do a little repair work in a dining room I did for a client a few months ago. They changed a pair of wall sconces and, as you will see, this left a little mess on their walls.
The former wall sconce was taller than the new one, so you see some of the previous red wall showing through. Here I had already put one layer of base paint over the red, so it is not as prominent.
I first sanded, then applied 3 coats of my green base paint color. The final finish on the walls is Lusterstone Sage Green.
There was also one switch plate cover that needed to be done, as well as this little chipped area around the new switch.
Here it is, all repaired. I simply troweled on 3 very thin layers of the Sage Green Lusterstone over the dried base paint and blended well.
I used a blow dryer to dry each layer, so I could work more efficiently.
Here’s a view of the top and bottom walls in this room. The top is the Sage Green Lusterstone and below the chair rail is Champagne Mist Lusterstone. This is a hard room to photograph. The window treatments are not yet installed, so it’s looking a little bare. The homeowner will pull it all together over the next few days since she is hosting Thanksgiving in this room! 😉