Well, I’m not quite sure I’m ready to say it is complete. I decided to stop at this point, let my client live with it, and also I felt I just needed to get away from it for a few days.
I did not want the snake skin design covering the side panels 100%, so I left some open space of just the textured silver, without scales. Of course, as soon as I was packing everything up to leave, I could envision just a few more patches of the smaller "scales" to fill in a bit more. It’s difficult to see, due to the reflection of the metallic paint, but the "scales" are done in vertical rows. The very top and bottom of each side panel is a horizontal row of "scales".
I did add a layer of silver glaze over the scales, but think I’d like to go back in and darken a bit more. In the bottom photo, you can also see the silver "tacks", which are outlined in brown. I will work on those a little more next time.
"Next time", at this house, will probably be 1-2 weeks from now. I will return to do a little etched glass project as well as fool around with this refrigerator more.
I’m still working on some ceiling ideas for 3 more rooms. "Her" rooms are almost complete. "His"… well, let’s just say I’m still trying to win him over, so he trusts me enough with his set of rooms! He’s starting to lean my way. 😉