Now I am done with the installation of the masking film, which was no easy task to do solo. If you look closely, you will see some ripples with the film and places I had to cut to get it to fit better, but this will have no bearing on the outcome.
The next steps I did not photograph, but I put a layer of Prime Etch on, followed by Wunda Size.
Now it was time to apply the Tamise’ flakes, which is not so easy on a vertical surface. I found the best way was to just pinch some flakes between my fingers, and press it onto the sizing. I filled in the design about 85%, then added some of the imitation gold leaf I used for the border. Here you see it in the unburnished state.