We had a lot of snow here in the Boston area over the weekend. It started Friday and continued snowing through Sunday. Needless to say, I did a fair amount of shoveling and snow blowing over the weekend. Being snowbound forced me to get all of my presents wrapped and I watched several sappy Christmas movies on the LifeTime channel. 😉
A problem occurred when I attempted the striae in the small powder room. Of course, this was the room I thought would just take 2 hours to do. The glaze mix was drying way too fast, leaving this streaky, horrid look. I kept adjusting the mix, but could only do so much with the products I had on hand. The snow was starting to come down, so I decided to call it quits for the day, and return today to tackle. I will paint out the 2 areas I did and re-do. I wish I had some Adicolor Wet Edge on hand, but do not, so will bring two different extenders w/me to mix into the glaze, that I hope will give me enough open time to do this technique properly. While the base coat is drying, I’ll do a few touch ups in the foyer.